We, at High Street Dentistry, are proponents of prevention rather than treating dental disease after it develops. We are proud to offer outstanding preventive dentistry services, including comprehensive dental exams. We are all about maintaining long-term healthy smiles.
The Importance of Comprehensive Dental Exams
The American Dental Association recommends starting comprehensive dental exams at age two. A thorough evaluation of every aspect of your oral health will help identify problems early on while easiest to treat, preventing the need for costly and involved procedures down the road.
What Happens During Your Comprehensive Dental Exam?
Your twice-a-year visits will allow us to determine your immediate needs and plan for your future dental care. Here’s what to expect during your comprehensive dental exam:
- Dental Evaluation: We will discuss your dental and overall health and any concerns you have.
- Dental Health Assessment: We will evaluate your overall dental health, oral hygiene practices, and your risk for tooth decay or gum disease.
- Full Mouth Digital X-Rays (Once a Year): X-rays help uncover potential problems, including tooth decay, bone loss, and cysts, allowing us to design effective preventive or restorative treatment plans.
- Tooth By Tooth Exam: We will evaluate each tooth’s health to rule out cavities, cracks, or chips and will assess existing restorations to ensure they are functional and damage-free.
- Periodontal Evaluation: We will assess your gums for signs of periodontal (gum) disease, which, when identified early on, is easiest to treat.
- Bite and Jaw Exam: We will examine your bite and jaw to rule out any problems which could cause excessive wear or a painful condition known as temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD).
- Oral Cancer Screening: This potentially life-saving screening involves examining your face, neck, and mouth for any abnormalities to ensure early detection for the best treatment outcomes.
- Teeth Cleaning and Stain Removal: We will clean your teeth thoroughly, removing any plaque and tartar deposits and surface stains.
What Happens After Your Comprehensive Dental Exam?
After your comprehensive exam, we will discuss our findings and create a fully customized plan, including immediate treatment needs and recommended preventive measures. Our goal is to prevent oral health problems from developing and treating any existing ones before they progress. Taking the time to care for your oral health today will help you maintain a lifetime of healthy smiles!
Comprehensive Dental Exams Near Me
Contact High Street Dentistry in Jefferson City, MO, to learn more about our preventive services for long-term healthy smiles. Our skilled and experienced team will evaluate every aspect of your oral health to keep dental disease at bay. Call us and schedule your comprehensive dental exam today!