Dental emergencies often develop when you least expect them, and your trusted team at High Street Dentistry is here to help. We are proud to offer comprehensive emergency dentistry services to relieve any pain and save damaged teeth. We are all about restoring healthy, functional smiles!
What Is a True Dental Emergency?
If you’re not sure whether you’re experiencing a true dental emergency, consider the following questions:
- Is there severe tooth pain?
- Is there swelling of the gums, jaw, or face?
- Is there uncontrolled bleeding from the mouth?
- Are one or more teeth broken, cracked, loose, dislodged, or knocked out?
- Is there a pimple-like bump on the gums indicating an abscess?
Answering yes to any of these questions indicates you’re likely experiencing a dental emergency. Make sure to contact us right away for the urgent care you need. If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911 immediately!
Tips for Common Dental Emergencies
When experiencing a dental emergency, prompt treatment often makes the difference between saving or losing a tooth. Please contact our office as soon as you can for the best treatment outcomes.
Here are some common dental emergencies and what you can do before seeing us:
- Severe Tooth Pain: Rinse with warm water and use dental floss to remove anything stuck between your teeth. Avoid placing aspirin on the area.
- Knocked-Out (Avulsed) Tooth: Gently return your tooth to its socket without touching the root. If that’s not possible, place it between your cheeks and gums or carry it in a container of milk.
- A Displaced (Luxated) Tooth: Place firm, gentle pressure on the tooth to keep it from moving. You may need a splint to stabilize it and keep it in its place.
- A Cracked, Fractured Tooth, or Chipped Tooth: Rinse with warm water to clean the area. A cold compress will help reduce any swelling.
- Bleeding From the Mouth: Clean the area with water and apply gentle pressure to control the bleeding. Seek emergency care immediately!
- Swelling: Swelling often results from an injury, infection, or abscess. Seek emergency care right away to prevent any complications.
- Other Dental Emergencies: If you experience any other emergencies such as a lost or damaged filling, crown, or denture, call our office for an appointment. We will provide you with care instructions until we see you.
Quality Emergency Dentistry Services in Jefferson City, MO
If you suspect that you or a loved one are experiencing a dental emergency, contact your trusted team at Hebron Family Dentistry right away. You can always count on our dedicated team for outstanding, gentle care!