Why Would I Need a Dental Crown?
High Street Dentistry is proud to offer quality, durable restorations, including dental crowns, utilizing state-of-the-art technology, materials, and techniques. Our aesthetic restorations offer cosmetic and oral health benefits for beautiful, long-term healthy smiles. Here’s all you need to know about dental crowns and why you would require one!
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are tooth-shaped “caps” we place over the visible portions of damaged teeth to restore their shape, size, strength, or appearance. At High Street Dentistry, we offer custom crowns that look and feel just like your natural teeth for incredibly lifelike results.
Why Would You Require a Dental Crown?
There are many reasons your trusted team at High Street Dentistry may recommend a dental crown, including the following:
- To restore a decayed tooth that requires a large filling without sufficient tooth structure remaining to support it.
- To protect a cracked, broken, or weak tooth.
- To strengthen and preserve a tooth following root canal therapy.
- To repair a tooth worn due to grinding, a condition known as bruxism.
- To restore one or more missing teeth by covering dental implants or supporting dental bridges.
- To whiten severely stained and discolored teeth that do not respond to traditional teeth whitening.
- To make cosmetic tooth enhancements.
What Are the Types of Dental Crowns?
At High Street Dentistry, we offer many dental crown options, including porcelain, zirconia, and gold crowns to restore your oral health and enhance the appearance of your smile.
- Porcelain Crowns: Our porcelain crowns are designed to look like your natural teeth, with no black edge at the gum line. With proper oral hygiene care, these durable restorations can last 20-30 years!
- Zirconia crowns: Our zirconia crowns offer unmatched strength, durability, and aesthetics. These superior restorations will have you with results that are indistinguishable from your natural teeth, leaving you with a seamless smile!
- Gold: In certain cases gold is still the best material to use when restoring teeth to proper function. Gold is still considered the standard that all other crowns are compared to.
Dental Crowns Near Me
Visit High Street Dentistry in Jefferson City, MO, to learn more about restoring your smile with our aesthetic dental crowns. Our dedicated team is committed to delivering the highest level of care and service. Call us and schedule your appointment today!